I have been reading what everyone else is doing (see my blog roll) just waiting for our turn so there's not a whole lot to say. We know that God has a plan for us so we're just kicking back waiting to see what's going to happen.
The first thing that has to happen is that CHI needs to get their permanent accreditation. They are well on their way, but these things take time. THEN, we'll be matched up with a sibling pair.
So we wait. Patiently.
Here are answers to the questions we get most often:
1. Why Russia? Jim's mother was from Russia and Jim has a Russian Language degree from UT so we feel a special bond with the country and its people.
2. How long does it take? We really don't know. The average wait is around 8-12 months, depending on if you want a girl or a boy. In our case, we've requested 2 siblings under four years old so it really just depends on who's available at the time our dossier is registered.
3. How much does it cost? A lot! But we know the value of a family is priceless so we're willing to make some sacrifices to make this happen.
4. Will the children be biological siblings? Yes.
5. Why 2 children? Because we didn't want an only child.
Feel free to ask more questions - I'll answer as best I can!
1 month ago