free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lots of Firsts!

It’s been quite an exciting couple of weeks around here for the munchkins.
They went to their first birthday party for their friend Morgan and got to jump in a huge bouncy with a big slide - afraid? NO WAY, they went right in and joined the other kids. Cooper and Kara have come such a long way from when they first came home. They were so timid and tentative with everyone and everything, having to check out the situation thoroughly first. Now, they just join right on in only after a short check-out. They have confidence that only their preschool could have given them. Have I mentioned that we all love that school?!

Here we are at our first rodeo parade-


The kids LOVED the horses –
Here’s Coop’s expression when he saw all the horses coming down the street:


Coop gave the UT salute (unprompted) when the Texas band passed. Of course, all of the Texas people loved it! Even Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison said “You’re raising him right!” and she saluted him back. It was too funny.


I was bummed that I didn’t bring my camera for this, but they both tried and L O V E D crawfish – and yes, they were seasoned very well!
They were eating them as fast as I could peel them!

Cooper ate his first piece of gum. I didn’t realize he had it but they were giving away candy at the rodeo parade and he opened it and started eating it. I’m glad to know he thinks it’s “icky” and insisted on spitting it out.

Oh and my 13, I mean 3 year old will only take showers now and “stam up” to pee (not at the same time, well, I hope not).

We also went to the first "Spring Fling" of the season today at our local beautiful shopping center.

There were all sorts of children's activities including pony rides that Cooper had to ride twice! There a little miniature petting zoo set-up that they loved too.




After we got home, they crashed hard then we flew a kite - again, a first.

Like I said, lots going on around here - nothing but fun!

Since this post was mostly about the Coop, I need to add a pretty pic of my angel-girl...








3 comments:

Kami said...

Don't ya just LOVE Texas in the spring?? I love Kara's sweet little summer dress and white sandals! How did you teach Cooper to do the UT saulute? I tried to teach J to do his Texas Tech guns up salute and he tries but can't hold his thumb out right. However, he can say "Texas Tech!" :)I am glad to hear Kara and Cooper are doing so great!

Troy and Rachel said...

Like Kami - I'm loving the summer dress on Kara! The kids look like they had so much fun!! I laughed out loud about your 13 year old, I mean 3 year old!!

Joy said...

Jane,
They look so beautiful. I am so happy that they are adjusting well.
Joy